March 19, 2007

GOTTA LOVE NEW TECHNOLOGY!


This just happened to me, and I must say, WOW, it blew my mind! I was driving to the store, and I noticed a van that looked just like this on the side of the road, parked close to the curb as if it were broken down or abandoned. I was traveling the other direction, but out of the corner of my eye I noticed all these very bright lights flashed quickly off of this van.... Hmm, what was going on? I was determined to find out, so when I headed back the other way, I pulled over about a block before the van and sat there and watched. I didn't see any flashes, but as I was getting ready to pull out into traffic, BAM, flashes o-plenty from the van...my hunch had been right, it was portable photo radar! As I carefully (under the speed limit) came up to the van about 500 feet before it, a small sign that read..."Police Photo Radar Ahead".... Now mind you I was extra aware because I was noticing everything, but I must say there is no way anyone see's that sign as you get closer to this van. I guess there must be some kind of law that says they must post a sign to do photo radar, after all they are taking a picture of your car and you behind the wheel. I just think this is amazing, that now you don't even need a law enforcement officer to give you a speeding ticket! Up until now, the only places they used this kind of equipment was at busy intersections and those are not for speeders they are only for people who go thru the red light. So obviously this new technology is one step ahead, since its in a van they can move it whenever and where ever they want! So be forewarned, this is now happening here in Denver, and probably wherever you are as well! Look out for the white van, oh I should mention the street I was on the speed limit was 35, this must have been set at 40.

No comments: